Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kate & Allie

I feel like crap today.
The girls and I are sharing a case of the snot nosed, crusty eyed, coughing fit yuck. We all have our parts on the sick kids chorus- Abby sneezes and wheezes, Nora has a good phlegmy cough combined with crying and whining, I cough, moan, and sniffle, and Tim takes care of the whining. Since we are not really contagious (I think), and we had to get out of the house at some point, I decided to take the ladies to the "play room" so that I could go to pilates class at W3. So off we went....
Pilates sucked- I haven't done it in a while so I have lost some flexibility. About two thirds of the way through the class we were starting the ab work and I literally felt my back creak and decide to not unbend for the rest of the day. I hobbled through the rest of class, and the rest of the afternoon with little problem. Tim actually came home early this evening and we went for a walk after dinner. About a third of the way around the block Tim started whining about pulling the wagon so I took over and brought us home. My back hated this almost as much as it hated the 2 hours of belly dancing rehearsal that followed.
So my evening has consisted of laying on the couch moaning and sniffling and occasionally coughing. What has totally made me feel better are the 9 episodes of Kate and Allie on my Tivo.
Why do I love this show so much?
Is it because I have seen every single episode probably 11 times each? Is it because I grew up on this show and I can vividly remember sitting on the "giant napkin" (the couch in the den in the house I grew up in) watching it every Monday night on CBS? Is it their banal chit chat and canned laughter that I find so comforting? Whatever it is, it makes me sublimely happy.

1 comment:

Indie Mama said...

hope you feel better soon!