Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Paging Tech Support

We finally got around to replacing our camera last week. I was kind of bummed, I really liked my little Fuji, but I guess I showed it too much love and the LCD broke. I used it broken for quite a while, but with me vetoing the iPhone, Tim was craving a new toy so I caved. I am the first to admit that I am weird about getting new technology. Whenever it is time to upgrade my cell phone, or buy a new camera, Tim gets all crazy about features, and batteries, adn memory cards, adn all kinds of crap. All I care about is that it works exactly like the old one and does everythign I need it to do (like not take fuzzy pictures of Nora).
So Best Buy is close to JoAnn Fabric and Tim has had some time to browse the different cameras and all their features while I am picking up sewing notions and yet another yard of some fabric I have to have. So Tim found this camera, but it only came in pink at the store (unacceptable) so we had to order it online and blah blah blah blah, we got a fun new camera.
I fricking love this thing. I can wiggle it around adn it focuses for me. it takes awesome pictures and all kinds of great stuff. I am seriously enamored of this little treat!
Here is my problem...I can't get the fucking pictures off the damn thing! I got the software installed, no problem, but now I am getting this error message that is telling me that it can't find what the manual is telling me to look for. It is killing me. I even tried uninstalling the software adn reinstalling it, but that didn't work. I have tried the help menu, I have have randomly clicked on everything, I have sworn, I have done it all, so now I am blogging to bring my blood pressure down before I go back and see if I can get this handled. I am hoping to fix it before Tim gets home because I pride myself on knowign more about how to use the big remote, the Tivo, and the mac better than he does and I am hoping add the camera to that list, but I need the Geek Squad. I mean I have a college degree for chrissake! Why can't I figure this out!?
Hopefully I will be posting fabulous new pictures soon...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Indie Mama said...

fingers crossed!

Charles said...

did you get my text about the movie? a wants to see it. when the commercial concluded, she immediately said, "that's a tim and kc movie," which made me nostalgic for our ricky bobby adventure. anyway, call to discuss.