Thursday, August 02, 2007

Problem Solved

I finally had to give up and wait for Tim to get home and fix the link between the camera and the computer. I felt vindicated when Tim told me that he couldn't work iPhoto, so I felt better about not being able to make it work. My next problem is trying to find a way to have all my stuff accessible by the mac but not eating up my hard drive space. Any suggestions are welcome.
Since I was able to get all kinds of pictures off the camera, I was finally able to upload a ton to flickr . As I was loading them I realized how busy we have been lately. There are some great pictures of the Botanic Gardens, which while not totally child friendly (there is a lot of walking and not so much of that is interesting to a 4 year old) are really beautiful. There is a little toy train that goes through buildings made of natural materials that I just love. I really want to take Tim and have a picnic there one of these nights before summer is gone, but we have burnt up our babysitters as of late.
We also went to the Kohl's Children's Museum, which rocked. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures because I was with my mother in law and anytime I go anywhere with her not only do I have to pay her entrance fee, but I also have to tend to her and both of my children. The girls had a great time, and I guess that is all that matters.
There are also 3 pictures of Abby's Lemonade stand, which after giving it some thought was a really bad idea. At first my faith in humanity was restored when a guy pulled his minivan over to buy a glass, but then I got to thinking about what a bad idea the lemonade stand really is. Think about it....First I am letting my child stand on the parkway of our street where it is not impossible for a car to lose control and veer toward her trapping her underneath. There is also the child molester factor. Abby had 3 customers at her stand. One was her friend's mom, and 2 were just random guys who stopped along their way. Who is to say that one of those guys isn't some creepy guy who is going to steal my precious little entrepreneur? Call me neurotic, I have been called worse.
My favorite pictures that I have uploaded are from this series:

The little boy is my neighbor, and one of Nora's many beaus. They were totally reenacting a Whitesnake video, and little Eleanor was doing her best impersonation of Tawny Kittane (sans the cocaine, of course). I don't think Tim thinks this is as cute as I do, but whatever.
At any rate, I love my new camera. I have joked for the last year and a half that I can't get a decent picture of Nora and now they just don't stop (see the cake ones on flickr). Now if only I could upload more often.....

2 comments:

Indie Mama said...

hey, glad you got the camera figured out. sorry you didn't get it done on your own...i too love to figure out all the geeky stuff on my own. = )

the tawny kittane pic is fabulous!

Christy said...

Your girls are so adorable! I loved your pictures. Now you've got me pining after a new camera too. Mine still waits about five seconds before taking the picture so I get a lot of pictures of Eleanor walking away.

I did not know about Captain Feathersword! Fascinating! I think you're right, I'll probably loosen up about tv a little more as time goes by. We actually don't do Disney either. My husband has vetoed Disney videos because he feels that Disney is an evil corporation. I don't really like all the fairy princess, knight in shining armor stuff myself, so we avoid them all together.