Monday, April 06, 2009

Forcing my Hand

An old friend of mine who lives no so close by has asked if she can borrow my baby furniture and it has presented a real conundrum. Do I "lend" it to her and acknowledge the fact that I will most likely never see it again without a lot of headache and deal with it that we will not be procreating again? Do I tell her no and continue to allow this stuff to take up as much space as it does in my basement until I decide that we are or are not having another child?
I am marginally attached to the crib only because it belonged to a child I babysat for and I love the idea of it being handed down (and still safe) and cradling so many babies (there was the girl, her brother, a friend of theirs' twins, another baby and my two girls).
Why is this difficult?

3 comments:

Tocqueville From The Heights said...

because you are generous.
if you are going to be using it again, then politely say "no, I think I might be needing it..."

Christy said...

Part of me thinks it was weird that she asked. Hmmm. Do you feel like if you keep it then you HAVE to have a third child? I know that's crazy, but I would feel that way.

Christy said...

Oh wait, the title of your post was "forcing my hand" so I guess you did feel that way. :-)