Thursday, October 11, 2007

Who?

I had the greatest conversation with Charles yesterday...we were talking about the iPhone, and I asked him if he had a chance to fondle one. In fact he has. When he was in New York he was able to check out Ted Allen's.
Does anyone else think it is kind of funny that he got to check out Ted Allen's iPhone?
When I told Tim about this, his response was: "Who the hell is Ted Allen?"
Do YOU know who I am talking about?
Hint: If you have an idea, BRAVO to you!


Also while I was talking to Charles he reminded me of our upcoming dinner with Amy Krouse Rosenthal. This has been on my calendar for a while, and I am really quite geeked up about this. She is this amazing writer, and every time I pick up her Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, I wish she was my neighbor and we could have weekly play dates and go bowling together and talk about books and life and be fun hip intelligent young mothers raising fantastic educated mindful young citizens. While i get that is a pipe dream, I will settle for a simple dinner. Thank God Alpana will be there, which means that wine will be there, so I will hopefully not be too much of a nerd.
We have all been requested to create a play list to share with the group, which kind of excites me. I don't know if anyone will appreciate all of my Joni Mitchell and Fregie Ferg.


Have you figured out who Ted Allen is yet?

2 comments:

Indie Mama said...

honestly, at first i thought it was that host from celebrity poker showdown (yeah, there was a time when i was on bedrest, and totally addicted to celebrity poker showdown...in fact, i went back to work (for about 2 weeks) after my husband called me during the day, and i actually said to him something to the effect of - "not now sweetie, shannon doherty's about to win on the flop" and i realized that me and tv were a dangerous combo).

then i googled him...who knew queer eye was still on?!?

Christy said...

Although I did watch a few episodes of Queer Eye, it's been a while, so I had to google him.

I'm excited for your dinner! Wow! I've felt that way about authors before, but haven't had the chance to actually sit down with them to dinner. Awesome!