Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Blast from the past

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time. I cut the bejeesus out of my leg while shaving in the shower this morning. Seriously it is like the worst wound in the history of shaving. We're talking 4 inch gash on my right shin. My bathroom looked like a crime scene by the time I go the 8 band aids on it, and while it doesn't really hurt I am slightly concerned that it has not stopped bleeding. The big bummer is that now my tan is shot.
That's right I said it, I am officially working on my tan this summer. I know, I know, in this time of melanoma we should be covered form head to toe in SPF 1,000 and wearing large brimmed hats and turtlenecks to the pool, but this summer I am going with the bacon theory- fat looks better tan.
Not only has my blogging been nonexistent since the spring, my working out has as well.
Here are things that have not- my crafting, my tv watching, my Wii playing, and a whole litany of other time sucks (like Facebook- I am now 'friends' with people I haven't laid eyes on in 15 years and, to be honest, i feel a little weird about it).
Details on the healing process to follow.....

Check out what we have been up to since April.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Aw, you have the cutest kiddos. It looks like you guys had a great summer. I look forward to hearing more about it. I laughed out loud about that "beware how exhausting this hike is" sign. And that water was so blue! I'm so sorry to hear about your leg - youch!
You know, I've been getting scarily into facebook as well. I have accidentally (drunkenly) added people as friends who I only sort of knew 15 years ago. It's a bit odd.
What kind of crafting have you been doing?

Christy said...

Ok, here I am again. Just wanted to say thank again (I thanked you on my blog) for your perfect comment. I think you're great.