Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1/23

Today is Eleanor's second birthday.
It feels like we went from this:

To this:

All too quickly.
The last two years with her have been so fun and so amazing, and she really is such a neat kid.
Every time I gush about her- about how funny she is, and how beautiful she is, and how in awe I am of her- I feel a little guilty. It is not that I love Abby less, or that she is less any of those things, but she was given all the love, attention, and adoration for 3 years without having to share it the way Eleanor does.
Whatever, both my kids know I adore them.
Especially the birthday girl.
I had to work today, so she was with Grammy all morning, which is a good way for her to spend a birthday. What newly 2 year old wouldn't want to spend the morning running around with little to no supervision? I got home early this afternoon, and we played and opened a present from Grampy (why must everyone shop at Gymboree?). The girls and I had a lovely dinner on corn dogs and broccoli (at the request of the birthday girl), and they were sweet enough to wait for Tim to get home to do cake and candles. My mother in law came over also to enjoy the strawberry cake Nora picked out and decorated.....(for some reason I can't upload the picture of her with her fingers in the cake).
She went to bed tonight wearing her new bathing suit and Crocs from Grandma, and is now sleeping off her sugar high.
2 years ago I met the coolest chick. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night- just to say hi- and I am struck by how beautiful she is. Sometimes she becomes so stubborn and adamant about the door being closed that she bites her sister. Sometimes she gets the sniffles and I can't sleep for a week until I know she isn't going to spend the night coughing. Sometimes I can't believe how much I love her.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! Happy birthday, Nora! Sounds like it was good one.

Indie Mama said...

Very happy (albeit belated) birthday wishes to the 2 year old!