Thursday, May 24, 2007

8

I am not going to lie, I lurk on some blogs. I have now been called out, not once, but twice to reveal 8 things about me....

#1. I cheat at books. I can never sit and read a book start to finish without flipping through the last few chapters and trying to piece together the ending while I am reading. I also tend to do this with the Real World/Road Rules Challenges (or any other show where someone gets voted off) on my Tivo- I fast forward to the end just to see who won/lost then I watch the whole thing later.

#2. I want to go back to school to become a nurse.

#3. The interior of my car is a disaster area. There are probably things living in the floor mats, but you would never know because it is buried under any number of toys, water bottles, or various other types of crap.

#4. I am probably the last person on Earth who watches ER. I am not sure why I can't pull the plug on this show, I think it is just a habit at this point.

#5. I am currently addicted to coloring my hair various shades of blond. It has been too dark, too orange, fine, too brassy, in need of high lights, and now too straw like. I have to stop before I start to look like my mother (her hair has been every shade of blond in existence and she now looks like she has white straw on top of her head). I also need a haircut DESPERATELY.

#6. I can't fall asleep without the TV or some noise on. Sometimes I find "quiet" irritating.

#7. I never feel like my house is clean.

#8. I have a completely irrational fear of bridges and stairs. Anytime either of my kids are on stairs something kind of drops inside of me and I freak out a little. I am always afraid they are going to fall and knock their melons open, even though I know that they will probably be ok.

I have had a hard time coming up with 8 things about me that don't make me sound like I am nuts. I am kind of a freakshow, but I guess you all ready know that.

2 comments:

Indie Mama said...

Awesome about the nursing thing! Totally go for it once the kiddies are in school...

I have the same deal w/ stairs and escalators and my kid...I have a terrible time carrying her on the escalator or up/down stairs. Of course, she'll happily climb up and down stairs all day long if I let her!

Christy said...

Ha! You don't sound nuts. Although I was just wondering the other day after a commercial for ER who actually still watches it!

I have been afraid of dying my hair at all because I fear I could fall prey to that compulsion as well. It seems that it would be hard to stop once you get started. Maybe the next one will be perfect, you know? Now I sort of want to try. I'll think about that.

I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one who has to hold my kid down to put anything into her hair.