Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I had some sketchy kabobs for dinner tonight, if I had food poisoning, I would know by now, right?

It was a wonderful weekend in our neck of the woods! The weather was fantastic and we got a lot done. Scratch that, I got a lot done that benefits the whole, Tim washed his car (which I guess fits his definition of getting something done).
I worked on Saturday afternoon, which is good and bad. Sure it is no fun to be away from my family on a beautiful day, but it is also good for Tim to hang with his kids without me there facilitate parenting. Before I left I got some gardening done outside while Tim tried to negotiate a nap with Nora. Apparently she has her own unique schedule when Tim is around and he was more than willing to give me all kinds of tips on how I could accommodate this schedule.
Here is what I have to say about that....shut up. I love him, really, but I think I may just have a little bit stronger a grasp on her sleep/wake schedule than he does seeing as I am her primary caregiver. But, really, what do I know?
Saturday night we went out with Tim's marginally skeevie friend Pete. Pete creeped me out a little less than usually merely because there were these swingers at this bar that were much scarier. Here is why I love my husband- he doesn't stop talking no matter how many warning signs go up. Tim seriously chatted with this couple longer than necessary, not once catching on that they were trying to pick him up. Funny, right?
Last night we had a good old fashioned family dinner. Tony came over, and I am not sure if it is his lovesickness or what, but there was some weird vibe. It was probably just Tim2.
I am watching this thing about spring break on E! right now, and I can honestly say that my children will not be allowed to take part in that. Ever.
And seriously, Dirty Dancing is 20 years old? Really?
I am all over the place right now.
I told you these kabobs are fucking me up.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Glad you're enjoying the nice weather. Hope those kabobs don't cause you any problems.
At least Tim is involved in the nap schedule. I get frustrated a lot when my husband just completely defers to me. I would like him to take a little initiative!

Belle said...

Oh, don't go thinking that he is really that involved in everything. If I am not the cruise director then they just follow me around the house