Thursday, May 10, 2007

What a Difference A Day Makes

Today RULED!

I came home from a fantastic visit at the zoo to the most amazingly clean house ever. can it get better than that?

Oh, yes it can.....

Abby, Nora and I got to feed a giraffe named Twiga. How cool is that?

We went to the Racine Zoo with Mrs. Materialism and her brood, which had the potential to be awful, but it was really fun. We meet in Racine because it is "halfway" between here and her world (really it is about twice as long for me, but she just birthed her 3rd, so I am forgiving it today). I was secretly hoping that this would set me on a tangent so that I could regale you with stories about how ridiculous she is, but I just can't complain today.
I think the high of having a clean house totally cancelled out her comments like, "You have lost weight! You look like a real person now". What does that mean really? At least I can take comfort in the fact that her shoes won't be paid for until 2017 (maybe).
Anyway, we had an awesome time feeding Twiga, Abby loved it, and Nora just waved at the giraffe (she either is autistic and doing the hand flapping or she wanted her to say goodbye to the animal), I tried to make her hold one of the branches, but she could not have been less interested.
Right now she is interested in having a party in her room, so I can't really post all the pictures and the fun details of finally getting my bouquet of Costco flowers, how my house got so clean, Nora's ponytails, and our exciting weekend ahead, I have to go tuck a little honey bun back in....

1 comment:

Indie Mama said...

Ohhh...clean house! I'm so jealous.... While fun stories of Mrs. Materialism are always appreicatied, the giraffe sounds way cool!